WOW! That’s all I’ve got. You’ve all tried them before at PF Changs or your local Asian restaurants. Who would have thought they are just as easy to make as they are to eat! By no means am I knocking PF Changs Lettuce Wraps but this recipe takes the gold. Don’t be intimated by the ingredients. Although they may be unfamiliar to you, they can be found at any local grocery. This has found a way into my menu rotation so you know it’s good! This recipe makes 4 servings and could be an appetizer or meal! Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
chicken lettuce wraps
1 lb. ground chicken (turkey or beef can be substituted)
1 large white onion
4 cloves garlic
4 tsp fresh ginger
1 (8 oz) can of water chestnuts
1 bunch green onions
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp sriracha (asian chile sauce)
4 tsp dark sesame oil
1 head of romaine lettuce
1. Rinse lettuce leaves and pat dry.
2. Cook ground chicken, drain oil and set aside.
3. Mince garlic and ginger. In mixing bowl, add garlic, ginger, hoisin, soy sauce, vinegar and sriracha.
4. Drain water chestnuts, chop. Chop green onions, add both to a different bowl with dark sesame oil.
5. Chop onion and cook in same pan on medium heat.
6. Add ingredients from first mixing bowl (hoisin, garlic, ginger, etc), stir and let simmer.
7. Add cooked chicken and ingredients from the other mixing bowl, stir and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.