Hello, my name is Katie and I am addicted to Pizza Casserole. Everyone has that one dish they will always love, and Pizza Casserole is mine. This was one of the first meals I ever learned to cook. My Dad’s wife Rebecca taught me in my early teens and ever since, it has been a favorite. Such a simple yet yummy dinner, if anything to try from my blog… this is it. Can be made ahead of time and stored in fridge until ready to bake!
1 lb rotini pasta (mini rotini if available)
2 jars of pasta sauce
1 lb mozzarella cheese
1 bag of mini pepperoni
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion (optional)
* I prefer to leave out the ground beef or substitute with ground turkey or chicken. Ragu 7 Tomatoes is my favorite sauce for this casserole. Also, I usually get an extra bag of mozzarella.. :) i love cheese! Spicy sausage, mushrooms and green peppers are a great addition to this recipe.
1. Brown ground beef with chopped onion. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook rotini to al dente. Make sure you don’t over cook the pasta, it will cook more in the oven.
3. In large bow, combine beef, rotini and sauce (1 1/2 jars, more if desired). Mix together.
4. In a large casserole dish, layer the pasta mix then top with some mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
5. Continue to layer until pasta mix is gone. Remember to save some cheese and pepperoni!
6. After last of pasta, top with mozzarella, pepperoni then some parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
7. Bake casserole at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. If using mini rotini, only for 25 minutes.
8. During the last 10 minutes in the oven, remove foil to melt cheese.