As a little girl, I remember the excitement of family dinners knowing that “Patches Grandma’s” italian dressing would be at the table. Passed down from my Great Grandmother Anne, better know to me as “Patches Grandma”, this is the best italian dressing I’ve ever had. A few months before she passed away, she gave me a handwritten recipe for her dressing. Although it has been a family recipe thus far, it is worth sharing! I hope you all enjoy :)
Recipe: Peltz Italian Dressing
- 1 Package of Perfect Seasons Italian Dressing mix
- ¼ TSP garlic powder
- ½ Cup apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 TBSP sugar
- 3 TBSP water
- Crisco vegetable oil
- Empty Perfect Seasons Dressing mix into a dressing bottle. TIP: I recycle my empty dressing bottle an re-use them for this recipe!
- Add garlic powder, sugar, apple cider vinegar and water; close bottle and shake until mixed.
- Add vegetable oil until bottle is almost full. Shake until mixed.
- Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
- Pasta salad
- Summer Vegetable Salad
- Marinade for chicken or steak